Monday, April 23, 2007

Delusion

I started my day with the usual routines and rituals.
Today is Monday and it is my students turn to perform the "dreaded" exercise for the residents of the behavioral clinic we are assigned.
As i was on my way to the clinic i was thinking if they have prepared well coz the last time we had our exercise was a mess........
And the rest was history.....they have not failed me this time! Whew !
I am the Instructor of a group of student nurses.... We are in the Psychiatric unit to help the residents regain their mental state. That is what we believe in. Or so it was. We are there to help those who are detached from the reality.
But as we learn more about our client's life and behavior, it seems like it is them who brought us back to reality. They help us face our labile mood, at times our violent behavior and most of all our DELUSIoNal Thinking. The fixated belief that we are all normal, that we are more fortunate than them coz we think we are more rational than them. The reality is, if we are infact rational and sane how come that our world is in the state of dis array? a world filled with intollerance ? a world full of hate? How come that our regard to others is still influence by their color.... religion...belief... race... and orientation? Or in a simplier terms, why is it hard to say sorry or to forgive a friend, a loveone? How come that brothers or perhaps couples allow time to be in between them without talking and fixing their differences?
DELUSION a state of fixated false Belief!
.....The short time I spent with the residents along with my students gave me the opportunity to think again about life.....my purpose .... my goal.... For I dont want wake up someday and realize that I am in fact living a life in DELUSION.

1 comment:

Richelle said...

hi! welcome to blog world! keep it coming! writing is one of the safest ways to release stress! hehehe.