Sunday, January 6, 2008

In charge!

FOr a couple of weeks now I have been put in charge of my unit. The medical surgical ward where most of our patients are alcohol / opiate detox and psychciatric patients with medical problems....Its a new thing for me being the new boy in the unit makes eyebrow raise for some people....In the first place its not me who wanted the job... its them who offered it. I dont want to take the "position" for I know it takes allot of responsibilities and whole lot of pressure. Yet deep inside theres a force and urge telling me just to let it happen..... Of course there is allot of "IFs and bUts" .....fear and hessitation......Yet as I close my eyes i feel calmness and peace..... Every night of my duty was never easy.... I make mistakes and sometimes i wanted to quit .... Yet I learned form those mistakes... there is always a first time to everything I say.....I commited mistakes but never twice the same..... I always learn each night of my duty as IN charge!.....Everything has a purpose and reason and one thing i learn from this all , is that I just have to allow the greater "force" to be in charge of my life!I will take the risk! and learn whatever that comes along the way.... meet new friends... new foes whom i believe will become my friends in the end..... taste the bitterness and sweetness of taking responsibility..... At least at the end of the day i can say i experience "the MASTERS" work... being IN CHARGE!

No comments: